Action list to add graphic - variable file name

Clive Andrews

Post by Clive Andrews »

Any thoughts - I want to add a barcode into my PDF (a unique identifier) - I can generate the barcode within my workflow just fine - and I'm thinking a Pitstop action list would be great, however - all I can do is "Add copied graphics" - but what I'd like to do is use a variable, as my file name will change each job.... (I have thought about just using a font - but we want to use a 2D barcode)

Seems like a perfect case for variables in Switch...
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Post by dkelly »

I've applied a text stamp to a PDF file using Switch variables and a Pitstop action. It's not obvious how to do it. You have to create the variables in Switch and the Action list in Acrobat Pitstop plugin. When creating the action, there's a pulldown menu to the far right that's hidden sometimes. That enables variables. Also, you have to click on the little blue icon ([]) or the variable name to edit variable definitions.
Clive Andrews

Post by Clive Andrews »

Yes Dwight - I've played with those bits - but I'm struggling to see where I add the graphic name/variable - only the "Copied" option.... I shall investigate further.
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Post by dkelly »

It appears that Action lists embed the graphic and can not refer to an external (changeable) file.
Clive Andrews

Post by Clive Andrews »

Yeah - that was kinda where I got to. I'll have a look for a little CLi app that I can call....