Add specific metadata as comment readable by Acrobat

LasseThid
Advanced member

Add specific metadata as comment readable by Acrobat

Post by LasseThid »

It is possible to somehow add metadata as a comment in the pdf that Adobe Acrobat can read?

We have just started to use GMG Color Server with stock and machine specific profiles and the management would like to be able to check what profile was used for the job. I have this information as metadata in Switch, but they can't see the metadata.
I could send an e-mail with that information, but it would be easier and better for the management if I could attach it as a comment in the pdf. Otherwise they would get a couple of e-mail per day... :lol:

Thanks in advance
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
Malcolm Mackenzie

Re: Add specific metadata as comment readable by Acrobat

Post by Malcolm Mackenzie »

Hi

You could do it the long way round with a script or app to run Acrobat and import the comments.
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/i ... ments.html
Or add a slug line or layer with the data?
LasseThid
Advanced member

Re: Add specific metadata as comment readable by Acrobat

Post by LasseThid »

I found an easy way of solving this.
When I pick up the Private Data for which profile to use for color management I also create a Private Data key that contains the order number and the stock group name (several stocks use the same profile) and then use that key as Product Identifier when tilia Phoenix creates the job.
Now the production management can see which profile was used when the job was color managed... :D
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.