Select Dieline and Convert to spot

Sunnyland

Select Dieline and Convert to spot

Post by Sunnyland »

I am trying to select a dieline by line thickness and colour and convert to a spot color called "Knife". We have artwork come from several different sources. Some places will use 100% cyan, others will use 100% Magenta and then some will call the knife line Diecut the later is easy to select and change to "Knife" but I am have issues using Pitstop Server to change the CMYK value of either 100% cyan or 100% magenta to a spot color called "Knife".

At the moment I am using Pitstop Server to select any stroke that is 100% Magenta or Cyan of 1pt or under and changing to 100% Magenta, I am then using Callas to change 100% Magenta to "Knife" it is working but is a bit clunky. Any help so I can just use either Pitstop Server or Callas would be appreciated.
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Re: Select Dieline and Convert to spot

Post by Terkelsen »

You can change 100 % Magenta to "Knife" in PitStop as well. Use the Remap Color Action.
Sunnyland

Post by Sunnyland »

I did try to use remap color but the only option was user swatch and I couldn't figure out where to set the user swatch color
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

Just hit the button next to "User Swatch"
...and then create an new spot color called "Knife".
Attachments
Remap.png
Remap.png (39.94 KiB) Viewed 10055 times
Sunnyland

Post by Sunnyland »

Ok so there is no button next to user swatch. I may need to uninstall and reinstall pitstop server. All I get is a black square
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

Ahh, you might need a PitStop Pro to do this. Apparently you can't create a new spot color from within PitStop Server. I wasn't aware of that :roll:
You can however create the action in PitStop Pro and run it in PitStop Server.
bens
Advanced member

Post by bens »

Apparently you can't create a new spot color from within PitStop Server.
PitStop Server indeed does not include the colour picker. There is one action ("Remap spot color") that can create a new spot colour without needing the colour picker, but it only works if you're starting from another spot colour.

So, a workaround could be: create an Action List that first usese "Remap color" to convert the correct objects to "Black" - because you can't pick a different colour in PitStop Server. Then, still having the same objects selected, use "Remap spot color" to "Knife" with a CMYK alternate.

Or if you don't care about the alternate you could use "Rename spot color" instead of "Remap spot color".