Word to PDF/Switch

amueller

Word to PDF/Switch

Post by amueller »

Hi,
i would like to generate PDF in the same resolution as embedded in the incoming Word-Document. My problem are Pictures with a resolution from above 275 ppi - with "save as..." or "export to..." they will be downsampled to 200 ppi.

In Desktop-Word i can print to file using the "Adobe PDF"- or "Microsoft Print to PDF" and get the original resolution, but not with the Word-Configurator in Switch. I'm using Switch on Windows Server, all latest updates.
Does anyone have an idea how Switch could do that?

Thanks for input!
Kind regards, andi
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Re: Word to PDF/Switch

Post by JimmyHartington »

If you have Acrobat Pro on your Switch, you can use the configurator to convert to pdf.
And you have options for how to do this in the Acrobat Pro settings.
3f8h.net

Post by 3f8h.net »

You could use callas pdfToolbox Server for this, which has some advantages as well like proper separations.
If you do need help or want to see samples please let me know.
--
Sebastian Nafroth +++ 3f8h.net / electronic publishing

3f8h.net offers professional services and products for the graphic arts
industry.

contact details: http://www.3f8h.net/kontakt
amueller

Post by amueller »

Thank you for your prompt reply!

@Sebastian: Mit callas bekomme ich keine hochauflösenden Daten raus, da hier quasi der "speichern unter" Befehl von Word verwendet wird - alle Bilder über 275 ppi werden auf 200 ppi runtergerechnet.

@Jimmy: This works almost perfectly. The PDF contains high-resolution images. Unfortunately, a document font ("Bahnschrift") is replaced by Arial when working via Switch (same behaviour as with callas pdfToolbox, maybe Font-Flags?). However, when I open the Word document in Acrobat Desktop on the same machine with the same settings, the font is embedded correctly.

I have attached the files, in case you want to take a look.
Attachments
220408 1330 testword.zip
(69.16 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Kind regards, andi
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Post by JimmyHartington »

@andi
I have tested your Word-file on my system and can not remember having installed the Bahnschrift font on my system, but it is included.

Here is a file from my system + the .joboptions I have used in the settings in Acrobat Pro.
https://d.pr/f/jJpjCW+
amueller

Post by amueller »

Thank you Jimmy! I tested it again and it stays the same. The Bahnschrift-font is converted to Arial via Switch/Acrobat. It only works with Acrobat. Maybe it is related to Windows 2012 Server. I keep testing.
Kind regards, andi