Convert PDF to 200dpi Monochrome TIFF

MrFox

Convert PDF to 200dpi Monochrome TIFF

Post by MrFox »

Hi all.
I have a request to handle a large number of PDF files and convert each to a 200dpi Monochrome TIFF. I'm aware of the 'save as TIFF' option within the Adobe Acrobat flow element but it has no properties that I can see.
I can't see any option for saving as TIFF within PitStop Server, so right now I'm a bit stumped.

I know this file conversion is backwards to the norm... but so are some customers.

Thanks in advance
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Convert PDF to 200dpi Monochrome TIFF

Post by freddyp »

There is no option to save a PDF as TIFF in the classic PitStop Server interface, but when you are on the latest version it means you can also use PitStop Server with the Switch Designer user interface and there you will see an element that allows you to save PDFs as TIFF with all the settings that you need to do what you describe.
MrFox

Post by MrFox »

Thanks freddy. I will get my software updated and take a look.

For speed we decided to simply convert straight to TIFF with no options but right now I cant even get the simple 'save as' tool to work. Switch doesn't open acrobat to perform the conversion, and if I open acrobat manually it says:

Adobe Acrobat needs write access at C\SwitchRoot\temp......~~~.pdf to save the current document.

Doesn't matter if I click yes or no acrobat dies and I cannot stop the flow without it crashing. I have the 'enable javascript' box checked within acrobat settings.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

If you have Switch then you already have the element to convert PDF's to TIFF. The complete name is "Enfocus PitStop Server PDF2Image".

And if you want speed, do not use Acrobat, it can only process 1 file at the time, with PitStop Server multiple files can be processed at the same time.
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Post by JimmyHartington »

On my system with the latest Pitstop Server I can only choose JPG and PNG as output for the "Enfocus PitStop Server PDF2Image".

Do I need to enable anything else to get TIFF support?

In Output color space I can choose DeviceGray but not monochrome.
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Post by JimmyHartington »

I have made flow which does this.
It requires Pitstop Server, the free app "Run Command" https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/product/run-command and an installation of ImageMagick.
PDF2Image makes a 200dpi grayscale PNG, which is then converted to a 1-bit tif by ImageMagick.

Here is the flow: https://d.pr/f/U9Ihka+