Files overwritten using Imagemagick

junaidsurve

Post by junaidsurve »

Hi

I want to create thumbnails and change the name of the file from high quality images. I am using Imagemagick for it.

The flow is comparatively simple. I have a input folder where the images are placed. Then I use the Execute command tool. And there is an output folder.

The properties in the Execute command are -

Command or path : convert

Arguments : "[Job.Path]" -thumbnail 50x50 "%3/[Job.NameProper]_thumbnail.jpg"

Output : Result in folder.

The issue is "Result in folder" creates a extra folder (ExecuteComandTemp) in the Output folder and also overwrites an existing image there.

So if my input folder has 4 images I get only one image in the Output/ExecuteComandTemp folder.

Can someone please tell me how can I place the output of Imagemagick in the Output folder and the overwrite happens only when the filename is same?

I have also tried all the other options in Output and the others do not give any output.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

When your input is a folder [Job.Path] will refer to the folder and so will [Job.NameProper], so all your files get the same name.

If the input is a folder and the output also has to be a folder, here is how you do it.

1: Ungroup job (that gets all the images out of the input folder and they will get processed individually)

2: Imagemagick with the arguments: "%1" -thumbnail 50x50 "%2" and the Output "File at path".

3. Assemble job with Scheme "Ungrouped job" (this reassembles the previously ungrouped files into a folder and the name will still be the same).

Freddy
junaidsurve

Post by junaidsurve »

Thank you Freddy. It worked.