Fairly complicated but unusual flow.

junaidsurve

Post by junaidsurve »

Hi All

In the flow that I want to design. I am getting a csv file in a folder(F1). A row in the csv file has three columns.

Depending on the value in the third column of a row, I have to query the database and get the corresponding value.

After I have the value, I have to go into another folder(F2) which would have a sub-folder having the name same as the value of column1 in the csv, this would again have a sub-folder having the name same as the value of column2 in the csv, this would again have a sub-folder as value of column3. I have to re-name the sub-folder (column3) to the value I got from the DB.

This process, I have to do repeat until all rows of the csv file get over.

Can someone give me some starting points or suggestions on how to get this thing done?
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Post by dkelly »

Which modules does your Switch have licensed?

If you have scripting and database modules it would be straight forward to parse the CSV to retrieve the column values and query the database.

If you have just configurator, metadata and database modules you could write a XSLT to convert CSV to XML, pickup XML and retrieve the column values, then query datbase.

If your CSV has multiple rows then it will most probably require custom scripting work.