Files not accessible

mireille

Files not accessible

Post by mireille »

Hi everyone,

I have some strange errors occurring in our flows the last few months.
Maybe one of you Switch-experts has got an idea what could be the problem.

Sadly there is no option for reproducing the errors on command for testing. Sometimes they occur and sometimes they don’t.

There are a few symptoms (on different errors):
  • Some jobs lose there .ijt file along the way. So the files can’t be processed or accessed any more.
  • Other files which are processed by Callas PDF Toolbox end up with fileSize 0kb and the file is damaged and not usable. With the following messages:
    • File extension can only be specified for the opaque data model. Extension will be ignored.
    • XMP SDK error happened when reading the file format: LFA_Read: ReadFile failure
    • The requested statistics are not available for the job ‘xxxx’: the job file type is not supported

There is nothing unusual with the PDF files in the jobs. Same layout and export as always.

Our IT manger checked the rights on files&folders and user-account-info and that seems to be OK. All the items have Administrator accessibility.

Hopefully someone has a suggestion. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Greetings from The Netherlands.

Mireille
laurentd

Re: Files not accessible

Post by laurentd »

Hi Mireille,

Is there an anti-virus software on the Switch Server?
If it scans the files while Switch is processing them, this strange behavior could be explained.
So, if there is, ask your IT manager to disable it.
Incoming jobs can be scanned for virusses within Switch using a CLI anti-virus software.
Laurent De Wilde, Solution Architect @ Enfocus
mireille

Re: Files not accessible

Post by mireille »

Hello Laurent,

Thank you for your quick response!

There is indeed an anti-virus application running on the Switch server which scans the processing folders.
I'm going to ask our IT manager to rearrange this to the CLI version.
If the strange errors still occur or if we need some extra support to get the CLI element working, I'll let you know.

Thanks again.
Many greetings,
Mireille