File Counter for Assemble Jobs

JuBaz

File Counter for Assemble Jobs

Post by JuBaz »

Hi, hopefully somebody can help me.
I have a job folder with a number of files which have different requirements. The requirements differ concerning the ordered quantity and they differ concerning the printing method which could be sheetwise or one-sided. I've set up an impose flow for those files, therefore I have to ungroup and assemble the job. What I need is a counter which I can use in the assemble job element, the last step in the flow should be to assemble all files (independent from the ordered quantity) depending on the printing method. The Job.FileCount variable doesn't work because of the different printing methods and the imposing, the number of files at the end of the flow differs from the number of files at the beginning of the flow.
laurentd

Re: File Counter for Assemble Jobs

Post by laurentd »

You can use the Counter - Numberer app for this.
Create one counter per printing method.
Laurent De Wilde, Solution Architect @ Enfocus
JuBaz

Post by JuBaz »

Hi Laurent,

it's been a while but know i come back to this problem. I don't think that the Counter Numberer App solves my problem or maybe i didn't get it how to set up the app in the right way.
Let's say I've three files, so the Counter App counts 1,2,3, so how could i then set up the assemble job element that it knows that it has to assemble three files and not just two or one?
laurentd

Post by laurentd »

Ungroup the job first.
Then sort the files to A or B, depending on the printing method or any other condition.
Add the Counter Numberer app after folder A and after folder B, you will have the number of files that went to A, and the number of files that went to B, in different counters (and private data).

Then use Assemble Job after folder A and folder B.
Scheme "ungrouped job"
Change Number of files from Automatic to the appropriate counter (private data after).

At the end of the flow, or just after the Assemble Job elements, you can reset the counters to 0 for the next job.
Laurent De Wilde, Solution Architect @ Enfocus
JuBaz

Post by JuBaz »

I've set it up as you explained, but it doesn't work. When two files run through the counter, then for the first file the private data after is 1 and for the second it is 2. So the assemble job element put the first file in one job Folder and with the second one nothing is going to happen because in that case no second file will come...
I attached some screenshots, maybe there is something wrong with my settings.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-29 um 11.23.46.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-29 um 11.23.46.png (99.61 KiB) Viewed 3720 times
Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-29 um 11.05.45.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-29 um 11.05.45.png (183.24 KiB) Viewed 3720 times
Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-29 um 11.05.38.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-29 um 11.05.38.png (186.25 KiB) Viewed 3720 times