Oracle ODBC not coming up in SWITCH 12.

junaidsurve

Post by junaidsurve »

Hi All

I have SWITCH 12 running on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 64 bit.

I have create a User DSN using the odbcad32.exe from WindowsSysWOW64 folder. I am able to create a connection there and Test it too.

The issue is that this DSN is not coming up in the ODBC Datasources option in Preferences.

Can you please help me?

P.S. I was able query the Oracle database till yesterday but today after the Microsoft Security Update KB2925418 and KB2930275. I am getting this issue.

I am not sure whether the issue is related to the security updates or not.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

You are saying you were able to query the database before yesterday, but you were not specifying whether that was in Switch or not. If it worked in Switch before that, that would certainly point in the direction of those security updates.

Assuming you have never worked with that data source in Switch before, did not you add the DSN using the "Add data sources (ODBC)" in "Administrative tools" in the Control Panel? It may be that this is calling the same exe as the one you mention, I do not know.

Also note that the driver has to be 32-bit. If you have the wrong driver you would normally still see the data source, but it would not work when you tried using it. It is worth checking.

Freddy