Tharstern

saint_lewis

Tharstern

Post by saint_lewis »

Hi, new to Switch. would like to create a simple flow to start that is a preflight just for the CSR. so when they drop files in, Switch compares to their estimate and reports back. we have so many jobs that do not match the estimate. Our MIS is Tharstern, but how do I get Switch to compare, XML?

Many thanks for any help!
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Re: Tharstern

Post by magnussandstrom »

I recently did this but with PrintVis MIS instead of Tharstern. But I'm guessing that the principles are the same.

1. I started with a submit point for the CSR's, where they drop the PDF file and submit the MIS JobID as metadata
2. Switch fetches the MIS Job (as XML) with a 'http request' with JobID
3. Next I list all Job Parts in a Checkpoint (Each JobID can contain many different Job Parts in our MIS) The CSR chooses the Job Part with a select "drop list" and Push to Preflight.
4. The Pitstop Preflight is setup to compare page size, no of pages, colors with the MIS metadata to the current file with a Variable set (this way you can use any meta data in your preflights).
5. Presenting the results in the next Checkpoint.

If you are able to connect directly to the Tharstern database I guess that you can merge step 1-3 to a single step.
Last edited by magnussandstrom on Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

saint_lewis wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:42 am Hi, new to Switch. would like to create a simple flow to start that is a preflight just for the CSR. so when they drop files in, Switch compares to their estimate and reports back. we have so many jobs that do not match the estimate. Our MIS is Tharstern, but how do I get Switch to compare, XML?

Many thanks for any help!
As Magnus wrote you can certainly check this through Switch, but I would nonetheless like to draw your attention to our BoardingPass product that is specifically targeted for use by CSRs. Check it out here: https://www.enfocus.com/en/boardingpass
saint_lewis

Post by saint_lewis »

Thank you all for your help, just need to work out how to do it now!
Will take a look at Boarding Pass too, looks good from what I have read. Ideally I want pdf's that pass some basics like, orientation, trim size & colours to be sent into a Kodak Prinergy RBA workflow. we process around 100 jobs a day & they are numbered in an order for production. It would be great if we can get the jobs that ‘pass’ to be proccessed automatically, thus leaving the tricky jobs for an operator to work on.
nfulton

Post by nfulton »

I am using Tharstern and we are doing a very similar process to Magnus.

The only difference is we are getting the job specifications from the Tharstern API and saving that to the switch job as a dataset. Then we upload the PDF and the report to the PDF Review (from Enfocus) and email a link to our CSR. If the CSR approves it, then it will email a similar but different link to the customer.

After approval we upload the approved file to Tharstern as an attachment. Eventually our imposition master will push the JDF and the approved Arto from Tharstern to Fuji XMF.