Find a folder inside workflow

PdFUser5000

Find a folder inside workflow

Post by PdFUser5000 »

Maybe this is more of an UX problem i think, but maybe posting here is the correct place.

Some switch flows consist of hundreds of folders. When something breaks, I can see from the console which element/folder was the issue and go find it. But now, let's say I am out of office, or on a sick leave, and the substitution person may not be so familiar with the flow. If something breaks, it's very hard for him to find the correct element inside the flow, regardless of them being named in the console or not.

Would something like a search folder/element by name from flow function solve this? Maybe even zoom into the correct location in the workflow element view.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: Find a folder inside workflow

Post by jan_suhr »

You can try the Get Switch Log Message app.

It can be set up to send you specific messages from the Switch log. Anything from a flow to one element in a flow and what message type you look for.

Meant to be used for finding problems in flows.

https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/pro ... g-messages
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

Try "Document flow". I use it often to do exactly this, or to check the value of a property without having to stop the flow, etc.
Padawan
Advanced member

Post by Padawan »

I usually do this by using the search in the flows pane. Depending on what you search you might need to enable some of the options:
Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 13.52.30.png
Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 13.52.30.png (97.58 KiB) Viewed 4992 times
(The more enabled options and the bigger your flows, the slower the search will be)