Switch internal job database ("ghost" jobs)

thepkglab_greg

Switch internal job database ("ghost" jobs)

Post by thepkglab_greg »

Hello community!

While doing some testing on a flow, I made the mistake of deleting jobs within a checkpoint, and deleting some flows while they were processing jobs.

Lesson learned! But now I have some "ghost" jobs that I can't remove from the Active Jobs list on the dashboard, even though all the backing folders and everything related to them are gone.

I found something that looked helpful here...
viewtopic.php?t=2129
TheCaptain wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:00 pm In order to get rid of the old 'ghost' jobs you will need to stop Switch and remove...

• Install RoboMongo (https://robomongo.org/download)
• Start Switch
• Start RoboMongo
• On first start the "MongoDB connections" pane will be open
• Click the Create button
• Keep type on "Direct connection"
• Give the connection an easy name like "Switch MongoDB"
• Keep the address to localhost
• Set the port number to 55091
• Click the Connect button

You can now see the contents of the MongoDB database used by Switch

• Open SwitchCore/ Collections/ Jobs
• You have several keys here, each of them resembles one job which MongoDB knows about
• Search for the "ghost" files in this list
• When you are really sure that the Switch job ticket for the job you see is already cleaned up, then it is safe to remove the job from MongoDB
• You can do that by right clicking the object and choosing "Delete Document..."

The next time you refresh the joblist in the webportal the job won't be shown anymore
But this program has been acquired by a new company (now Studio 3T) and the directions don't match the new version.

I got as far as attempting connection to the database at localhost:55091, but the connection (now in the new version of Switch?) requires authentication, and I don't know the internal database structure so I can't tell 3T the path to the authentication database.

Any help with this would be really appreciated!
enfocus

Re: Switch internal job database ("ghost" jobs)

Post by enfocus »

Hi!

For increased security considerations we have indeed put authentication on the database.
However in general it should not be necessary to access the database directly. When the cleanup of the application data occurs, the ghost jobs should disappear. You can trigger this from your Switch > Cleanup Application Data (do this once, wait till the messages indicate it's finished, and then trigger it again. The first time obsoleted job tickets will be marked for deletion, the second time they are actually removed).
Afterwards check if these have been correctly removed.

If that does not fix the issue, please reach out to support (and mention this forum post) so we can help out.