Files being hidden on network if flow connects after Archive Hierachy

matthew.hearne

Files being hidden on network if flow connects after Archive Hierachy

Post by matthew.hearne »

We currently copy files to a server using Archive Hierarchy, which is where we are setting folder names etc.

This works fine and we can see the files.

We need to be able to know once the files have reached the folder (some can be quite large) and we thought we would just add a link after the Archive Hierarchy and use the success out to trigger more actions.

However, when we do this, the files on the server are then hidden. Having safe mode on or off makes no difference.

To me this seems like a bug.

Can anyone help with this, or give any ideas as to how we can check a file has successfully been copied to the server. Bearing in mind the files being copied are going into folders that are generated automatically by certain variables, and also the files are more often than not already in that folder and will be new versions.

Hope that makes some sort of sense! Bit of a brain dump!

Thanks,
Matt
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Re: Files being hidden on network if flow connects after Archive Hierachy

Post by magnussandstrom »

We have a similar issue sometimes when using Archive Hierarcy. I have not inverstigated it much yet because it's so rare. But sometimes the created folder is not visible for Mac-users but when browsing to the network path with Windows, there's a prefix on the folder .〜#〜 And I'm guessing that it origins from Switch.
matthew.hearne

Post by matthew.hearne »

magnussandstrom wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:30 am We have a similar issue sometimes when using Archive Hierarcy. I have not inverstigated it much yet because it's so rare. But sometimes the created folder is not visible for Mac-users but when browsing to the network path with Windows, there's a prefix on the folder .〜#〜 And I'm guessing that it origins from Switch.
We used to get that issue if we had safe mode as Yes on the Archive Hierarchy. When we turned that to No, we got rid of that problem.

But we now have this problem that if the flow continues after the Archive Hierarchy the files stay hidden. If the link is removed and the files run through again, then they show. So it's definitely to do with the link after it.
tdeschampsBluewest

Post by tdeschampsBluewest »

Same here with some of our customers.
Sometime "safe move" deactivation help but not everytime.

Once, i had to pass the job trough an FTP element to not have them in hidden mode.