remove printer marks action

drcpub

remove printer marks action

Post by drcpub »

Hi, so i was trying find an answer to a problem that was asked in 2015. using remove printer marks action, sometimes removes part of an image. In this case, the supplied linked file, the subpaths are removed but the color below the subpaths remain. Was wondering if anyone knows how to fix or adjust the current action so it does not affect anything else but the marks? I tried a few variations, excluding subpaths from the action butI did not have success. In the example, after running the action, the marks are removed only the small subpaths are deleted along witht he marks in the Blue areas of the bleed. The version i am using is 2021 on a mac running Catalina

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M_3_YN ... p=drivesdk
loicaigon
Advanced member

Re: remove printer marks action

Post by loicaigon »

Hi,

I invite you to update your PitStop version. I just ran "select trim marks" and "remove selection" in the latest version and cannot see the issue that you describe.

Loic
drcpub

Post by drcpub »

Hey, thank you for looking at it. So in this link supplied is the action I used and a video of the problem. Maybe you could have a look and suggest what might be doing it, I would not just like to have an action that I could rely on, but also understand why it do es what it does. Looking at the object browser, it shows it is removing subpaths. What is below it is also a subpath, so I do not get it. :). Anyway, thank you for your time

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AoPQjr ... share_link
loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

Can you try a new action with:
- "select trim marks"
- "remove selection"

And see if it fits your requirement?
drcpub

Post by drcpub »

It does for the most part. Tried it on a series of pdf's, out of the 6 individual pdf'si ran it on, 1 did not remove them. Thats fine, I'd rather go back on a few pages and fix the marks as opposed to having some image removed. I can live with that. Thank you. As for the filename and date and time most apps put on the bottom or top, Is the something I can add to the new action that would encompass the type slugs also? Again, your help is greatly appreciated Thank you
loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

hi,

Feel free to send me your files with before/after result that you want so I can suggest something:
loica (at) enfocus (dot) com

Best regards,

Loic
loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

Hello,

Ok the attached actionlist should do it but you certainly need to accept a compromise. If we want to remove items at some point, we have to decide about what should make part or not of this selection.

My postulate here is that whatever is outside of the bleed box should be removed whatever that is. So in your blue lines, yes some items are removed but in a place that normally doesn't take into account. Or if the guillotine goes that far, something is not correctly set ;)

See if this works for you, I believe it should.
https://fromsmash.com/6adi1pP1rw-ct

Loic Aigon
PitStop Product Manager