Finding Duplicates

VINMAN1958

Finding Duplicates

Post by VINMAN1958 »

I have a flow that sweeps and FTP site from our Storefront. It sends pick slip orders does some pitstop work then prints the orders for our fulfillment dept. We have had an issue where duplicate orders get pushed. I thought if i created 1 flow to receive the order. Then a second flow to print the order i could catch the duplicates. This only seems to work if the files end up in the flow within a certain time frame. We are on an older version of switch fall 2020.
Any ideas on a better way to build this mouse trap. I have only been working in this software for around 6 months. Still learning and not a true developer with programming skills.

Thanks for any help. Vinny A
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Re: Finding Duplicates

Post by magnussandstrom »

Hi Vinny! This could be caused by a lot of different reasons. Could you provide more information? Maybe you can upload a the flow as a zip or a screen grab and people here could get a better clue on whats wrong.
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Finding Duplicates

Post by freddyp »

If I understand it correctly, some order files are downloaded from the FTP site more than once. I can think of three reasons why that is: there is more than one flow downloading from the same site at the same time, or some of the files are not removed from the site after download, or the system that generates them, generates some of them more than once,

The first one is easy to check and solve. Let us assume that is not the problem. If a file cannot be removed that smells like access rights or files downloaded while not complete. If an access right problem prevents Switch from removing the file it would not be download twice but continually. If the file were not complete it would be corrupt and as you do not mention that, it is unlikely. The third possibility is something you have to investigate internally. Perhaps the order is modified by somebody and this generates the pick slip order again? Perhaps the modification is not important for the pick slip order and you get the same result, but perhaps there is a change and printing the second version is recommended?

i can think of a flow setup where the pick slip order would not be reprinted if it was downloaded a second time, but you'd better be certain of the root cause first.