Wrong Stroke Alignment Log

FlorianDSK

Wrong Stroke Alignment Log

Post by FlorianDSK »

Hello,

I have the following problem:
Client sends us a file with a CutContour, but it was defined wrongly in Illustrator. The contour alignment was created outside instead of in the middle. This results in an overlapping surface, which looks like a contour. (see picture)
CutContour as filling.png
CutContour as filling.png (3.94 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
I need an action list that recognizes this special case and logs it as an error.

Can anyone help me with this?

kindly

Florian
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Wrong Stroke Alignment Log

Post by freddyp »

Can you share the file for further analysis?
FlorianDSK

Post by FlorianDSK »

sure
I have attached it as a zip folder
Attachments
CutContour_False_x.zip
(13.39 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

Select color (choose fill, select the Cut Line object and grab the fill)
Log selection (with an appropriate message and status Error)
FlorianDSK

Post by FlorianDSK »

Unfortunately, this is too general.
It has to be integrated in Switch later and there every spot color can be deposited, if the customer should have named it wrongly.
In addition, it goes so only after the filling.
But I need a query that looks for this specific incorrect CutContour creation, which is only caused by the fact that the two surfaces overlap.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

The two surfaces do NOT overlap: it a path with two subpaths. That is very different. You can easily verify that what the Object browser from the PitStop menu.

This being said, I do not agree with your statement that my suggested solution is too general. I think that if you have a cut line (whatever its name) that fills instead of strokes you have a potential problem situation. Theoretically you can cut on a filled object, but then it means you have no bleed. Or as in your file you could have just 1 circle instead of 2 and use that for cutting, but then the size is wrong by half of the "stroke" and the visualization of the file is completely wrong because you would see a filled circle with the cut line color.