Problem with File Pool Cleanup

popniete

Problem with File Pool Cleanup

Post by popniete »

Hi, I have a problem with File Pool Cleanup (v4). As I understand, it should allow network paths - but it doesn't work here. I can choose the network folder, but after starting my testflow, I get a red cog on the element with the error "The root folder P:/MyTestfolder does not exist". Any ideas?
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: Problem with File Pool Cleanup

Post by jan_suhr »

You should use \\server-address\folder-path\
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
popniete

Post by popniete »

Hi Jan, the weird thing is, I can only use the folder picker to set the path, I can't set the path inline. What am I missing?
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

As what user does the Switch_Service run? Certainly when you run Switch as a service on Windows that will probably be another user as the one you use to run the Switch Designer. Check if that user has access to the network drive in question.

Note that on Windows you can shift right click on the Switch Designer icon and choose "Run as different user".
Padawan
Advanced member

Post by Padawan »

popniete wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:10 am Hi Jan, the weird thing is, I can only use the folder picker to set the path, I can't set the path inline. What am I missing?
I think it should be possible to add the path Jan suggests in the windows folder picker dialog.

If you still can't access the location this way, then I think it's best to check the user as which Switch is running as Freddy suggests.
popniete

Post by popniete »

Thanks all for your help, but for the life of me, I cannot set the network path inline. Only the folder picker is available, which results in a drive letter path. The Share is mounted with the same user as the switch service runs with.

Giving up on this for now...
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hi, sorry to jump on this thread but I also have an issue with the File pool cleanup. I want to install the latest version(4). I have deleted the old version from the flow elements and downloaded again from the app store but it still installs the old version. The new version has more properties - in particular Remove files older than units days can be changed to hours etc. The old version had days only. Running Switch 22 fall. Any help would be appreciated.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

Have you changed the version in your settings - My2.enfocus.com and in Swtich select "My apps" and find your Folder Apps. There you can select the version you have installed and can change to another version.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Thanks Jan worked a treat