Switch2Switch

ACPNick

Switch2Switch

Post by ACPNick »

Hello

I am trying to use this app to link our original switch server with our newer one to finalise one part of the pdf creation using the newer features on our newer switch server.

Is anyone able to give me an example of something they may be doing similar so I can see if the settings I have are correct?

I have entered the http:// as the IP address of the newer machine with the default webhook that matches on both servers eg
http://1.1.1.11:51180
Remote Processing Protocol is HTTP
Remote Processing Port is the standard 51120
Meta = Yes

Hopefully there is a quick fix

Kind regards
Nick
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Switch2Switch

Post by freddyp »

Assuming you are using the default port numbers, the port number in the URL is wrong: it is 51080 and not 51180.

There is one known limitation that I want to draw your attention to: it is not possible to transfer JSON datasets.
ACPNick

Post by ACPNick »

Apologies that was a mistype on here.
It is set as 51080
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

So, what is the problem? Any error messages? On the sending side, on the receiving side?
ACPNick

Post by ACPNick »

Hi FreddyP
Thanks for looking into this

It states
"Could not download cover.pdf from (IP of the Sending Server)"
Kind regards
Nick
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

Try using Switch2Switch on the local server from flow to flow (or in the same flow, it does not matter). That should work. If it does not you will have to report the problem to support.

Assuming for a moment that this will work, it sounds like you have a firewall problem: communication takes place from the sender to the receiver because the error message is on the receiving server, but a download request from the receiver to the sender is not allowed. Talk to your IT.