Flow/element based error handling and problem alerts

PdFUser5000

Flow/element based error handling and problem alerts

Post by PdFUser5000 »

Switch has error handling and problem alerts that apply to all the active flows.

Could it be somehow possible to do this only on selected elements of a flow? For example, I would like to set the abort process setting to 10 minutes only on the Adobe illustrator element. If thats not possible, receiveing a "processing takes more than x minutes" email for only one element could also work.

Another way to ask this would be: can I choose, which flows send these problem alerts, and cancel jobs? for example in flow A it is ok to run illustrator for more than 10 minutes per single process, but in flow B I would like switch to abort it.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: Flow/element based error handling and problem alerts

Post by jan_suhr »

There is an app for that: https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/pro ... g-messages

"This app will let you pick up messages from the Switch log and save them as Private data for later use. It will monitor the Switch log and retrieve messages per your settings in the app. You can select all messages on the server or down to messages from just one element in one flow. The app will generate and output an empty file that contains the Private data that you can use to send out as a mail or as other forms of message that other apps can provide.

It can be very useful to overview a special flow or an element in a flow that you need to detect what is happening there. You can in this way get emails on what's going on in a flow that now and then gives errors.
"
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps