Removing Indexed Color Space

ScottHaugaard

Removing Indexed Color Space

Post by ScottHaugaard »

We get this job every election cycle, with multiple versions, and it takes way too long to convert to spot color. The pdf contains three basic colors, and none of them are specified as spot. There's CMYK and RGB, plus Index versions of these colors, and many have slight variation in values.

I'm trying to automate this, but getting hung up on the indexed colors. I would like to convert everything to CMYK, grab any object with more than 70% cyan, and make that a spot color; then do the same for everything with over 70% magenta, and create the other spot color. I can't get the system to recognize an index color as having a significantly higher percentage of a particular process color. If I manually Select Similar Objects, it will select everything specified as indexed. Is there a way to remove the indexing within an action?
bens
Advanced member

Re: Removing Indexed Color Space

Post by bens »

PitStop has an action "Convert indexed color space to base color space". This will convert Indexed over CMYK to CMYK for example, which sounds like exactly what you want.
ScottHaugaard

Post by ScottHaugaard »

bens wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:36 am PitStop has an action "Convert indexed color space to base color space". This will convert Indexed over CMYK to CMYK for example, which sounds like exactly what you want.
That worked. Thanks Bens!
Jiyahana

Post by Jiyahana »

Great you got your correct answer.