Job assembler acting different in same flow

PdFUser5000

Job assembler acting different in same flow

Post by PdFUser5000 »

I have multiple job assemblers in my flow, that use the same metadata of the job. I have job identifier and number of files specified, no complete condition.

In the first stage, the assembler sometimes assembles a job when it has fewer files than required (Metadata says 9, but job is assembled from 8 files) and processes it without errors like a regular job. Now when this job reaches the other assembler, it is finally sent to the error connection, because not enough files exist to assemble it.

One thing to note here, is the reason why one file is missing. Sometimes the file has duplicate information for creating a pdf, which means Switch creates the same PDF twice, overwriting the first one. Could this be the reason Switch thinks that a 8 file job is good to assemble? Although the question still remains, why two assemblers act differently.
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Re: Job assembler acting different in same flow

Post by magnussandstrom »

PdFUser5000 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:20 am Metadata says 9
Have you double checked that the metadata in all the incoming files says 9?
PdFUser5000

Post by PdFUser5000 »

magnussandstrom wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:14 pm
PdFUser5000 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:20 am Metadata says 9
Have you double checked that the metadata in all the incoming files says 9?
Yes, the metadata is created in one xml file, that is then attached to all the files created by the job.
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Post by magnussandstrom »

Strange, I have not stumble on this issue and I use Assemble job in similar way as you descripa in several flows. I have noticed some strange behavour during testing when you stop or hold flow connections when using Assemble job, so now I always delete any jobs still in the flows when restarting a flow if Assemble job is used.