Problems detecting Bleed

Soul Forge

Problems detecting Bleed

Post by Soul Forge »

I'm building a flow that is going to check files and write a text file based on the information gathered on the preflight.

One of those informations I'm trying to gather is the bleed check.
The first problem I'm facing is the following: I needed pages with full white or no background to be marked as "Without bleed", because it's relevant information for imposition purpose.

The other problem is that when a page has a pattern, Pitstop is saying that the page needs bleed, even though it already has bleed.
Here's an image as an exemple:
Image--------Image

Can somebody assist me with that problems?
rhd_ole

Re: Problems detecting Bleed

Post by rhd_ole »

We do something similar but fail the job if the bleed box = trim box then push it to PS to create the bleed. We do this using PS FastLane vs PS Server since it's much faster. Would something like that work?

For our jobs that actually don't bleed, we route those based on how/where they print and then either add bleed ( of paper white ) or just leave them if they are a chop cut for example.
Color Science & Workflow Automation
Soul Forge

Post by Soul Forge »

I tried taking a look on this fastlane app but It's not working in my Switch for some reason. I'll try to fix it so I can test your recommendation. Thanks a bunch.
rhd_ole

Post by rhd_ole »

Soul Forge wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:19 pm I tried taking a look on this fastlane app but It's not working in my Switch for some reason. I'll try to fix it so I can test your recommendation. Thanks a bunch.
Check to make sure you have the updated version of PS Server that uses Fastlane CLI. I had the issue also and needed to update both switch and PS Sever. Best of luck.
Color Science & Workflow Automation