Sort Job Folder By Name

jcarden

Sort Job Folder By Name

Post by jcarden »

Hello!

I am trying to make a requirement for incoming files and folder to have a 6 digit job number at the start of the name.

I can get this to work on individual job files, but on job folders it always errors out.

I have included my regx in the attached screenshot. I am not sure what I am doing wrong in the scenario.

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 9.10.32 AM.jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 9.10.32 AM.jpg (227.03 KiB) Viewed 371 times
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Re: Sort Job Folder By Name

Post by magnussandstrom »

Maybe you can do it like this instead?

flow.png
flow.png (48.61 KiB) Viewed 291 times
Attachments
regex.png
regex.png (40.34 KiB) Viewed 291 times
rhd_ole

Post by rhd_ole »

Have you tried omitting the .* in your expression

Code: Select all

^/d{6}
Color Science & Workflow Automation
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

What you neglected to mention was that your screenshot comes from the outgoing connection of a "Submit hierarchy". I have to admit I had to search a bit to see what you were talking about. What this and also Magnus's reply illustrate is that you are using a feature of "Submit hierarchy" that not a lot of people are using.

You say that it errors out, but what is the exact error message in the Switch messages? Or does the "Submit hierarchy" element go into an error state?

What does the folder structure look like? Is it possible that there are folders that match with files inside that do not match? Or the other way around that there are folders that do not match with files inside that do match?