Files modified by Pisttop Error when processed again

rhd_ole

Files modified by Pisttop Error when processed again

Post by rhd_ole »

HI All -

I have an odd error I haven't experienced before. I'm using PitStop Sever to create setup documents for our one presses, and then at times can either go though PS again or in most cases FastLane.

I'm taking a 2 pg pdf and using a variable set to entered by the user to add pages to the document, it's basically adding the variable entered as total blank pages and pasting the first two pages to new range. This works flawlessly.

However if whenever I need to do something else to the file in PS, or in this specific case FastLane ( to grab a few bit of info), it always errors.

Any ideas how to correct or what is actually causing this.
Error.jpg
Error.jpg (200.83 KiB) Viewed 1216 times
Color Science & Workflow Automation
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Files modified by Pisttop Error when processed again

Post by freddyp »

My first thought was that perhaps the file does not contain an XMP section because that is what the error seems to point to, but I tested it and that works correctly.

Please share the settings of the FastLane app and also which version of the app you are using.
rhd_ole

Post by rhd_ole »

freddyp wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:47 pm My first thought was that perhaps the file does not contain an XMP section because that is what the error seems to point to, but I tested it and that works correctly.

Please share the settings of the FastLane app and also which version of the app you are using.
I'm using Switch Fall 22, so I'm using V1 of FastLane. I also will get the socket hang up error from time to time in FastLane, but any files modified by PS always have the first error message I posted.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

There is a v2 of FastLane. It is not mentioned in the what's new but there was a bug fix related to the XMP property. Please try v2 and let us know.
rhd_ole

Post by rhd_ole »

freddyp wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:25 pm There is a v2 of FastLane. It is not mentioned in the what's new but there was a bug fix related to the XMP property. Please try v2 and let us know.
I can't use v2 due to my Switch version, you have to have '23 or newer. I am about done setting up our second Switch server which will have Fall '23 and FastLane v2.

I'll try it over there and report back once I finish.
rhd_ole

Post by rhd_ole »

Just tried on Switch 23 Fall and FastLane v2. get the same one error then also get these.
Error3 copy.jpg
Error3 copy.jpg (203.29 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
Error2 copy.jpg
Error2 copy.jpg (200.93 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
rhd_ole

Post by rhd_ole »

So quick little update.

I continued to mess with it and I tossed a Pack and Unpack in the flow and it now works on the Switch '22 with FastLane v1.