Any ideas?

Offirest1977

Any ideas?

Post by Offirest1977 »

Has anybody run into a problem with Switch generating future timestamps on files? I have a flow that brings in pdfs from FTP and pdf travels through several mini flows. The first thing Switch does is to park a copy of the original file in a folder. This file (original) sometimes will show timestamps about 6 hours into the future - sometimes more (not consistent). Along the way in the flow, I can look at a copy of the same file that has current timestamp. FTP timestamp shows clock is correct before Switch picks it up. Switch server computer clock shows correct. Jobs server computer clock where original is parked shows correct. Any ideas?
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Re: Any ideas?

Post by magnussandstrom »

Yes, I've experienced this when fetching files from a specific client FTP. When I manually login to the FTP the timestamps are correct, also when a manually download a file (Cyberduck). But when Switch is grabbing the file the timestamps are two hours in the future (always the same). In our case it really doesn't matter so I did not dig any further into it. My initial thoughts was that some clock at the FTP server side was incorrectly set.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

Check the time on the Switch server.

Either the FTP or the Switch runs on GMT.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

On Mac you can use "Execute command" at the beginning of the flow to "touch" the file. That updates the timestamp of the file. On Windows you can apparently do it with a variant of the copy command: copy /b filename.ext +,,