overlaping stroks to line

13Apostel

overlaping stroks to line

Post by 13Apostel »

Hello,
we created a compose with few boxs with cutcountor with no gaps in between.

Now the cutter is cutting each box by its own as well as cutting it twice, because it has an overlap of another box.

I need a solution for combining all cutcontor stroks together that it cuts only once that is vertically and horizontally.

Thanks a lot
loicaigon
Advanced member

Re: overlaping stroks to line

Post by loicaigon »

Hi,

This is not currently possible and while the concept is simple, I am thinking about the possible intricacies.
Do you have many files or is it a one time thing?

LOic
rhd_ole

Post by rhd_ole »

13Apostel wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:45 am Hello,
we created a compose with few boxs with cutcountor with no gaps in between.

Now the cutter is cutting each box by its own as well as cutting it twice, because it has an overlap of another box.

I need a solution for combining all cutcontor stroks together that it cuts only once that is vertically and horizontally.

Thanks a lot
What cutter do you have? We 'common cut' a lot of jobs that do not bleed to save on material and cutting time. Our Zund, there are settings that if a line is x amount from the next it just combines them into one to allow the common cutting. So when we do our imposition it's really just two rectangle that are butted up to each other like you mentioned, but when it's loaded in the cutting software they are combined and it does just the verical/horizontal cuts vs cutting each retangle. Have you checked the cutter's software to see if there is a setting like this if you are not using a Zund? I feel like our old Summa had this feature also.
Color Science & Workflow Automation
13Apostel

Post by 13Apostel »

We have also zuend cutters, but i want to solve the "problem" in the prepress process and not with the zuend software because that ist always a possibility for errors.

the issue is a common problem for us so we have plenty of files

Thx
rhd_ole

Post by rhd_ole »

13Apostel wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:43 pm We have also zuend cutters, but i want to solve the "problem" in the prepress process and not with the zuend software because that ist always a possibility for errors.

the issue is a common problem for us so we have plenty of files

Thx
I'd be all ears to a solution at the prepress level, currently I think it would have to be a manual process.

Why are you apposed to changing a setting once and letting solve the issue?. I've tried various things from creating illustrator scripts to try and combine the lines to various actions ( Illustrator just doesn't do this), even tried some scripts to use in our imposition software Phoenix ( which worked sometimes and could possibly be developed more). In the end the setting in the ZCC was the solution. We produce hundreds of impositions that common cut weekly for years and this has been the only solution to free us up from the manual task of creating common cuts or putting that task on the operators.

Hopefully someone will chime in, this is something that's bothered me for a long time.
Color Science & Workflow Automation
13Apostel

Post by 13Apostel »

i tryed the new aktion (Fill to Stroke) already.

Seleced Stroke
Make Fill
Combine Fill
Create Storke out of Fill

But that doesn't work. ;(
loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

MMmmmm actually that could work but I am not sure to recommend that process:

- Outline paths
- combine shapes
- Use fill to stroke to recreate strokes.

See what it gives but once again, not sure it's smart thing to do.