Acrobat Freezing with print command

gsmith

Acrobat Freezing with print command

Post by gsmith »

recently updated to acrobat v2024.002.20687, I had a workflow that would use acrobat and the print command to print documents to a local copier. However since updating acrobat no longer prints files and just kind of hangs. If I try to stop the flow, it wont stop and I have to shut switch down and end the ongoing acrobat task which is purportedly still trying to print the pdf. It's a windows installation with switch 23' fall version. Does anyone have any suggestions of a solution. (I tried replacing acrobat with Ghost Script and Sumatra PDF using execute but that came with its own set of problems and would prefer the simplicity of the acrobat app.)
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Re: Acrobat Freezing with print command

Post by JimmyHartington »

I have just had to move my Switch to a new system.
And ran into the problem with Acrobat just hang.

My solution was to open a pdf-file manually in Acrobat and complete the startup of Acrobat. There was a tutorial with 5 steps.

I suspect Switch uses scripting to open a pdf in Acrobat and do the commands silently. But it is all stopped because the tutorial is not completed.
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Post by magnussandstrom »

I use an CLI app called 2printer together with Execute Command to print documents with Switch. It works very good.
mkayyyy

Post by mkayyyy »

magnussandstrom wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:58 am I use an CLI app called 2printer together with Execute Command to print documents with Switch. It works very good.
I've been looking for a good CLI tool/tried writing a few to replace Acrobat PDF printing in Switch, not heard of this one before so will give it a try. Thanks!