Editing Form XObjects

TyrsSun09

Editing Form XObjects

Post by TyrsSun09 »

I would like to use the new action that was added in version 13 for flattening forms but I am using Pitstop Pro 12 and cannot upgrade to 13 due to the Mac OS I am running.

The problem I am having is editing forms, specifically resizing the form for adding bleeds.

I am using the edit form tool but when I try to resize the size of the form container it resizes the content also. Reading the Pitstop manual on this page https://www.enfocus.com/manuals/Referen ... 49927.html it says I am able to do this but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Is there a way to do this? I can cut the content out of the container and paste outside of it but this is not always the easiest solution.
bens
Advanced member

Re: Editing Form XObjects

Post by bens »

To edit a form without changing its content, you need to explicitly use the "Edit Forms" tool. If you use the normal select tool and the object handles, it will indeed resize the form content too. But in the "PitStop Edit" group you should find a "Edit Form" tool that can be used to edit the form bounding box itself, without scaling the content. It can be a bit finicky to use, but it works.
TyrsSun09

Post by TyrsSun09 »

I am using the edit form tool, but I am unable to resize the form without resizing the content as well. I can move the form independently from the content but resizing is the problem. When I select only the form and try to resize it scales the content also.

I tried to attach a test file but I apparently do not have permission. Here is a link to a test file https://www.mediafire.com/file/tkx0p0h4 ... t.pdf/file not sure how long it will stay up.

I am just trying to add an .125 to the left and bottom of the form for bleed. The image and its crop box should already be in the correct position, so the only thing that needs to be adjusted is the form itself.
bens
Advanced member

Post by bens »

I have no problem resizing the form by dragging the handle, as shown in this screenshot:

Don't press any buttons while dragging (except the left mouse button of course).

Note that while dragging the mouse cursor incorrectly shows the "move" icon (4 arrows), not the resize icon.
TyrsSun09

Post by TyrsSun09 »

This does not work for me.

If I click a node it only moves the position and I am unable to resize.

Did this change in an update? I am on Pitstop Pro 22 Build 1378944. I am also on a Mac.

Guess I will just have to work around until I am able to update. Unless someone has another idea as to why this is not working?