Griffin Step anf Repeat

Egon

Griffin Step anf Repeat

Post by Egon »

Hi,

just a quick question about Griffin. We now have Griffin create a Step and Repeat by entering the desired quantity. Is there also a command that Griffin recognizes and simply fills the sheet with minimal waste without entering the quantity?

Thanks in advance!
Enfocus Pitstop Pro | Enfocus Pitstop Server | Enfocus Switch | ArtiosCad | Workflow Designer
Linkedin | GraphicWorld bv.
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Re: Griffin Step anf Repeat

Post by magnussandstrom »

Egon wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:34 am Is there also a command that Griffin recognizes and simply fills the sheet with minimal waste without entering the quantity?
No :(

We would also like to do this when it comes to certain jobs. For example SRA3 digital print jobs that are beeing cut in a sheetfed digital die cutting machine and where we don't want several different layouts/cut files. We have done a quite tricky work-a-round because of this..
Egon

Re: Griffin Step and Repeat

Post by Egon »

That's a shame. :|

Wouldn't it be simple to implement this?
For example: Quantity="0" is filling layout with minimal waste.
Enfocus Pitstop Pro | Enfocus Pitstop Server | Enfocus Switch | ArtiosCad | Workflow Designer
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Re: Griffin Step and Repeat

Post by magnussandstrom »

Egon wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:06 pm That's a shame. :|

Wouldn't it be simple to implement this?
For example: Quantity="0" is filling layout with minimal waste.
Yes, one could think so. My guess is that Tilia cripples Griffin a bit because of the fear of competing with Phoenix.
Egon

Post by Egon »

Yes, I understand that too, but Phoenix is so extensive that it only appeals to a very small market and Griffin in combination with Switch is an asset for slightly smaller companies! These smaller companies often compare software package expenses with labor expenses. Hope Enfocus is reading along! Whether you sell 10 burgers or 1 menu...
rhd_ole

Post by rhd_ole »

I'm a Phoenix user and we automation around 90% of our WideFormat via Switch, and have been thinking more about Griffin due to the savings. I wish they would add some of these features that Phoenix has in Griffin, but I guess that's how they keep with the more expensive option, this is just another feature that you'd think would be in both.
Color Science & Workflow Automation