[SOLVED] Archiving files flow corrupting other flow due to unique prefix

loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

=================================

SOLUTION : I used this utility advised in some other place. It allows defining rules for folders and file relocation such as delays : http://www.noodlesoft.com/hazel.php

FWIW,

Loic

=================================

Hi all,

I have a folder linked to FTP folder names Images. This folder retrieves subfolders (say 12345,56789…). Those subfolders contains images.

The "Images" folder is used by an InDesign script looking for a specific image inside a specific subfloder. The flow is fully functionnal.

Problem is, the "Images" folder is getting bigger and bigger as more and more images are downloaded. So the client wants to move these images periodically given this schema :

On HDD1 (SSD), "Images" Folder retrieves folder

3 day later, 3days+ subfolders are moved to HDD2 (NOT SSD).

1 month later, 3month+ subfolders are moved to recycle bin.

The idea behind that is to keep Images on SSD only for three days where they should be used. Then moved as a backup for a moment, then finally remove when no longer needed.

So we designed a flow with "hold job" elements. A really basic flow where "Image" folder i the entry point. But as soon as we run the flow, all the files are being prefixed (logically indeed). But the problem we have is that this renaming is corrupting our main flow as the indesign script i no longer finding the image where it should be.

The only alternative I see i a twisty combination of applescript and some log files that would handle this moving images process. So the question is : Am I missing something or what we try to do is not accessible through Switch elements ?

Thanks in advance for any hint and sorry for the verbose post ;)

Best regards,

Loïc
compendio

Post by compendio »

There is a may be a solution:

Impressed

I don't know if the files are with or without the prefixes.

Best regards,

Thomas

loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

@compendio,

Thanks a lot for the link. I will let you know if this helped ;)

Loic