XML Pickup get variables to PitStop Server preflight

studiomatris

XML Pickup get variables to PitStop Server preflight

Post by studiomatris »

Hi,

I have a problem reading variables from an XML.

I submit two files to my flow, a pdf and an xml with the order info like width, height, ... I want to pass those variables to PitStop Server preflight with XML pickup, to check if the file size is correct. The pdf and xml have the same filename (metadata alongside asset).

I have set the variables in PitStop Server from my sample xml. width and height are of type "Job ticket, length".
Ceated a preflight profile that is supposed to read those variables under Page -> page size is not (enable variable names and selected from the variables set).

This is the error:
349: Error while processing document (PitStop Library error code 3504): An error occurred while calculating the values of a required variable.

the pdf goes to Problem jobs folder.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Ben
studiomatris

Re: XML Pickup get variables to PitStop Server preflight

Post by studiomatris »

Nevermind, I foud the "text with variables" type and it works now.

Ben
bens
Advanced member

Re: XML Pickup get variables to PitStop Server preflight

Post by bens »

"Job Ticket" variables can only be used in PitStop Server, not in Switch. This can be quite confusing, because Switch also has job tickets, but they're something completely different from PitStop Server job tickets.

When using variables in Enfocus products it's best to create and test the variable set in the application where you intend to use it. Some simple types can be used across all applications, but not all.