Acrobat Forms

GaryT

Acrobat Forms

Post by GaryT »

Wondering if anybody knows a simple way to add a check box to every page within a pdf. I have built a javascript with a document of a pdf to do it, but not been able to use that same java script in a hot folder type scenario such as switch to have it apply to every page of every document going through the hot folder.

Any help will be greatly appreciated
GaryT

Re: Acrobat Forms

Post by GaryT »

the program i built my java script in is the main console in acrobat
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

Well, if you can add the check box but can't figure out a way to do so on each page, then perhaps use Split PDF to do it to each page and then recombine.
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
GaryT

Post by GaryT »

The issue is not that i can not get it on each page. I can get it on every page. Im not sure how to transfer the code from an individual document. The code works perfectly in acrobat, when open up a file and go to javascript console and paste the code.

My issue is that i have to do exactly that. Im trying to automate it using to Switch and Hotfolders, not sure how to get my code in to switch and be able to apply it to every job going through a folder.
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Post by dkelly »

Read the Switch documentation on scripting applications with Javascript. You will have to make changes to the Acrobat Javascript to make it work with Switch. For example, replacing 'this' with '$doc'.
andrea mahoney

Post by andrea mahoney »

When using the Acrobat Element in Switch you can place your script in the Command part of the properties.
The element will take care of opening and saving the document, the Command script will add the check box to your pages.

$doc is Switch's equivalent to app.activeDocument. It refers to the job that arrived and was opened automatically and will be saved by the element.
The rest of the script is what you have already written.