Assemble Job Question

apietrocini

Assemble Job Question

Post by apietrocini »

Hello All,

Looking for some help... I'm still very new to switch, and have come across what I'm sure is a simple fix for an advanced user... The problem I'm having is that I have files coming in from a system... (Always one XML file, and possibly an undetermined amount of either PDF's or EPS's) I want to do an XML pick up to attach metadata to the accompanying PDF's or EPS's... The problem is XML file is named as "ABC123" and the accompanying assets are named "ABC123-1 or ABC123-2" I only need to reference the first 6 characters of the file name... I tried to use the assemble job, but didn't understand the digit groups... Any help would be appreciated...
loicaigon
Advanced member

Re: Assemble Job Question

Post by loicaigon »

Hi,

Hoping to be wrong but your main issue is that Capture XML waits for 1 job and 1 metadata file having both the same name (which I think you understood). However in your case, you want the XML file to be applied to every single incoming job. So that would mean duplicating/renaming the xml file so it matches the job names and eventually got those jobs sent to the flow with metadata.

So maybe if somehow the quantity may be found (possibly loading the XML metadata to itself), you may use this :
https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/pro ... redirect=1

If not sufficient, you may need scripting or generate as many xmls as files.
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

Hi apitrocini,

When you receive the files send the xml-files to a specific folder (not auto managed). Pass the PDF and EPS files to another folder. At the same time send a copy of the files to an Inject Job element. Set the Inject Job to inject the xml from the specified folder and use the part of the filename before the dash as a variable to specify the name of the xml to be injected.

Let the injected job be named after the incoming job. That will give you an xml with the correct job name but a wrong extension, so you will need to rename the extension to .xml using the rename tool.

This way you will end up with a folder containing all the PDF and EPS files AND an xml for each of them named after each of the PDF or EPS files. Then you can just use XML pickup as always.
Skærmbillede 2018-03-16 kl. 12.30.56.png
Skærmbillede 2018-03-16 kl. 12.30.56.png (44.41 KiB) Viewed 7162 times
apietrocini

Post by apietrocini »

Thank you both for your responses! I'm going tp try and build out both... I'll post back what happens...