Order of preflight and actions in pitstop server?

Soul Forge

Order of preflight and actions in pitstop server?

Post by Soul Forge »

So, I've been making this flow for a client and it's getting kind of complex. I basically use multiple pitstop server instances to get a bunch of data on what's on the file and turn it into a very detailed report.

The problem is that the server their Switch is running is slow, and opening the file multiple times in pitstop server starts adding up and slows things even further.

Then I've been wondering, is there a way to setup a pitstop server instance to work like Quick Runs does?
I wanted to setup in a single instance something like: Do these actions, then run this preflight, then do these actions and so on.
loicaigon
Advanced member

Re: Order of preflight and actions in pitstop server?

Post by loicaigon »

Soul Forge

Post by Soul Forge »

As I'm more familiar with Pitstop I used it for data gathering. I need to learn how to use fastlane properly still.

But ordering preflight and actions like quickruns in Pitstop Server would be useful not only for data gathering, but for modifying the files also.
Is there a way I could achieve that?
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Post by magnussandstrom »

For Action Lists I'm pretty sure they run from the top down when you add multiple in Switch. But for preflighting you can only add one for each configurator. Could you provide some examples of what you are trying to do?
bens
Advanced member

Post by bens »

It is possible to record a Preflight Profile as an Action List. This way you can add the preflighting steps anywhere in a larger Action List.
Soul Forge

Post by Soul Forge »

magnussandstrom wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:00 pm For Action Lists I'm pretty sure they run from the top down when you add multiple in Switch. But for preflighting you can only add one for each configurator. Could you provide some examples of what you are trying to do?
Basically check if informations are correct in the PDF, then if they are, apply our standard corrections.

Some questions come to mind when thinking of the Pitstop Server configurator:
When I add a Preflight and multiple action lists on a configurator, which will run first, the preflight or the action lists?
(My guess is that the preflight runs first)
When I add the action lists inside the preflight, which will run first, the checks or the action lists?
(My guess is that the checks runs first)
When I add action lists in both the preflight and the configurator, in what order they will run?
(My guess is Preflight Checks > Preflight Action Lists > Configurator Action Lists)
Wouldn't it be more interesting if the Pitstop Server configurator ran like Quick Runs?

I'm not able to verify the questions above right now, because my hands are full with some jobs.
bens wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:13 am It is possible to record a Preflight Profile as an Action List. This way you can add the preflighting steps anywhere in a larger Action List.
Thanks for the information! I'm going to try that as soon as I have the time.