Hp indigo dfe - getting feedback

gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

Also, capitalize Post (POST) in your cURL string. Not sure that would help but worth a shot.
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
ArielRauch
Advanced member

Post by ArielRauch »

Unfortunately have not seen your last post... but yes capitalize POST helps:)

I made some progress. The following JMF works

Unfortunately do I have some problems with the KnownDevice (which I need to query the queues, correct?)

ArielRauch
Advanced member

Post by ArielRauch »

ok QueueStatus is working.

I do not know why KnownDevices does not work but for now it is good enough.

Now back to goal:

1. QueueStatus returns all the jobs with the different stati (latin - I had to learn it in Germany).

2. Putting the into a global data variable and refreshing it all the time (perhaps subscription)

3. each job that was submitted to the dfe by a flow will wait in the folder until his job is marked completed by the press

Will this work?
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

ArielRauch wrote: ok QueueStatus is working.

I do not know why KnownDevices does not work but for now it is good enough.

Now back to goal:

1. QueueStatus returns all the jobs with the different stati (latin - I had to learn it in Germany).

2. Putting the into a global data variable and refreshing it all the time (perhaps subscription)

3. each job that was submitted to the dfe by a flow will wait in the folder until his job is marked completed by the press

Will this work?
I'm really not sure. I'd have to give it some thought. I haven't researched subscriptions but I think that's the route you might want to investigate. I think you can subscribe and then you don't have to constantly hit the server with multiple requests. Perhaps subscriptions could be as good as "send a response when this job is completed" etc... Let me know what you find.

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

And FYI, here is a JMF to query KnownDevices. It really just gives you basic stuff about devices attached to the DFE. Useful to finding the IDP URLs for your presses, but this can be found in the production manager.

ArielRauch
Advanced member

Post by ArielRauch »

got stuck with this (I had this also before) KnownDevice for some reason does not woek for me
ArielRauch
Advanced member

Post by ArielRauch »

The JMF response is not searchable by the XML search.

I copied it to a folder, applied the XML pickup (metadata is asset) and tried to search in the file without success.

Ideas?
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

ArielRauch wrote: The JMF response is not searchable by the XML search.

I copied it to a folder, applied the XML pickup (metadata is asset) and tried to search in the file without success.

Ideas?

I know the Soap class has a parseBody method you might be able to write a clever xpath to say something like, "parse out the node where jobname is x".

Otherwise, you can probably loop through it with Javascript somehow.

galagann

Post by galagann »

hello,

I welcome the opening of this topic because I am trying to pass a variable from JobSpec XMF to choose my Ticket Template EPM my DFE (HP).

Thank you in advance.
ArielRauch
Advanced member

Post by ArielRauch »

In the end I was able to receive a response from the due via command line curl. I have not developed it further for now but will do so soon.

Why do you not use the dfe front end configurator instead of choosing a specific ticket folder?
galagann

Post by galagann »

hello,

Here's some my structure:

MIS is "EFI Partner" with Advice => Workfow is FUJI XMF => HP DFE => HP Indigo

My imposition is in FUJI XMF which must be transmitted to the HP DFE via http://192.0.0.160:8080/dpp/jmf/dfe URL.

Currently the only Ticket Template that works is the default, 4colors_template.

I want to know how to pass a variable directly in the URL to choose one of two HP Indigo and in the right print mode: 4colors, EPM, Grey ...

thank you
ArielRauch
Advanced member

Post by ArielRauch »

I am not sure that I understand you correctly.

Do you have switch?

If so you can let the imposition engine output to a PDF file and then move this file to the appropriate ticket folder at the dfe.

You do not have to use the http protocol.
galagann

Post by galagann »

Simply put, how to indicate my choice of Ticket Template, knowing that the beginning of my URL is http://192.0.0.160:8080/dpp/jmf/dfe

There must be an option like "?JOBSPEC=EPM" or "?TicketTemplate=EPM" but it does not work?
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

galagann wrote: Simply put, how to indicate my choice of Ticket Template, knowing that the beginning of my URL is http://192.0.0.160:8080/dpp/jmf/dfe

There must be an option like "?JOBSPEC=EPM" or "?TicketTemplate=EPM" but it does not work?
I don't know how to do that. I'm a little confused as well.

You can do this by creating your JDF in Switch, which points to an asset, and then drop that JDF into your DFE to submit the job -- setting all of the parameters you would set if you used a ticket template.

You could also have Switch drop a job to a particular hotfolder which may be tied to a ticket template.

ArielRauch
Advanced member

Post by ArielRauch »