Failed to move job to folder

LasseThid
Advanced member

Failed to move job to folder

Post by LasseThid »

I have a problem where files disappear and when I check the log I see a message saying Failed to move job to folder 'folder name' followed by an error saying the job was moved to the problem jobs folder. Reason: see previous log message(s)
Most of the time the files were intended to be sent to our Indigo machines.
If I re-submit the files to the flow they are sent to the correct folder with no problem.
Any ideas what might cause this problem?
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Re: Failed to move job to folder

Post by gabrielp »

We've seen this too and the folks at All Systems were able to help us out. I think the workaround that helped us was to drop a cyclical hold (with no criteria set) before the move to the folder. We may have even had a retry if failed logic loop at some point. I don't think we discovered what was causing it.
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Thanks Gabriel.

I'll give it a try.

Update: Unfortunately I still get the same error. For a while I thought it might have been a network performance issue as I noticed it took very long time to copy files from the Switch server to our file server, but even though that issue has been solved I still get the same error.
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
sander
Advanced member

Post by sander »

Are you using Switch 13 yet? Does safe move makes any difference?

"Output folders and Archive hierarchies now have a new property "safe move", which is
relevant if the source folder (= an intermediate Switch folder) and the destination folder (= the
output folder/Archive hierarchy) are on different volumes (drives/partitions). By default, this
option is enabled. Switch will first copy the job to a temporary file before deleting the job from
the original location. This is a safe way of moving files and avoids that files get lost in case of
network problems. In case of issues with 3rd party software when moving files from one volume to
another, you can disable this safe move mechanism, so that the job is moved immediately to the
destination Folder/Archive
hierarchy."

Page 12: http://www.enfocus.com/webmarketing/sup ... tch-13.pdf
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Yes, I am running Switch 13 and yes I am using safe move.

I am suspecting that we have a network issue, so I'm contemplating whether or not I should switch sub network, as we have two sub networks at work.
I may also try to disable safe move and see if that changes anything.