Unknown Object

anon69

Unknown Object

Post by anon69 »

hello, i have a large (800 page) pdf file that has a weird object on the bottom. i have tried to delete it but the only way that i can do it is by selecting the object in each page and deleting one by one...... to do this for 800 pages is way to much for me. im hoping someone can help me out a bit. thanks in advance for any and all help. i have attached a sample and a picture of the object.

http://dropcanvas.com/1a690
freddyp
Advanced member

Unknown Object

Post by freddyp »

You can do this with an action list with just two actions in it:

Select objects inside region

Remove selection

For the action "Select objects inside region" you could use the setting "Define region" and with the Eyedropper you can grab the coordinates from what is selected on the page (it is probably a good idea to select it before you start making the action list :)).

And you may want to set "Select objects" to "inside region".

I think the options are self-explanatory enough in case you need to fine-tune the settings, because the object is not always in the same place, etc.

Not having the file it is not certain, but it looks as though the object does not have a fill nor a stroke. In that case the action "Select objects that use neither fill nor stroke" is perhaps a better alternative than "Select objects inside region".

Freddy
carineb

Unknown Object

Post by carineb »

Hi,

thank you for adding the file so we could take a look. I've prepared an Action List that will remove the object (it's a form). You can automate this Action List using PitStop Server or the PitStop Server configurator in Switch.

You can download the Action List at this location: Download now

If you'd have more questions on editing PDFs, do not hesitate to contact our support team at support@enfocus.com.

Kind regards,

Carine

Enfocus Customer Support Manager
anon69

Unknown Object

Post by anon69 »

carineb wrote: Hi,

thank you for adding the file so we could take a look. I've prepared an Action List that will remove the object (it's a form). You can automate this Action List using PitStop Server or the PitStop Server configurator in Switch.

You can download the Action List at this location: Download now

If you'd have more questions on editing PDFs, do not hesitate to contact our support team at support@enfocus.com.

Kind regards,

Carine

Enfocus Customer Support Manager

thank you so much for your help! i wish there was a Pitstop Pro for dummies book, that would be really helpful. thanks again.